Our Respite Care Givers, provide support to full-time caregivers by taking over their responsibilities when they need rest. They offer advice and or provide emotional support to family caregivers. While finding solutions to caregiver problems, our respite caregivers can also recommend community resources that are available to the family. Our caregivers also run errands and complete other caregiver duties as well. They also provide support as well as present a caring demeanor while caring for our clients.
Respite Care Giver Job description:
- Perform assistance and caregiving tasks to young, older adult, people with various medical and or developmental disabilities.
- Assist patients with dressing and bathing, recreation and therapy activities.
- Update patient family members on condition of their loved ones and progress as necessary.
- Provide emergency support to patients and family members as needed.
- Make home visits to clients that have various medical diagnoses
- Provide respite care on a planned or emergency basis during the day
- Write progress reports regarding clients’ objectives and goals
- Report all suspicions of child abuse, child endangerment or risking taking behavior
- Engage in recreational and skill building activities toward the clients’ interests
- Prepare meals according to specific diets
- Maintain client logs with records of behavior and activities
- Assist in daily living and hygiene tasks including dressing, feeding, nail trimming and bathing
- Administering daily medications to the clients
- Transporting clients to various places including work and doctor appointments or make proper transportation arrangements with public or private transportation services for the safe transport of the patient to and from their homes.