Our agency requires a caring and compassionate Personal Care Assistant to work with a variety of patients in the Springfield area and neighboring counties and cities. The Personal Care Assistant will be responsible for accompanying patients to local doctor’s appointments, assisting patients with personal care such as bathing and grooming and also health monitoring and helping to maintain a clean home environment for each patient that they are assigned to.
Our Personal Care Assistants are responsible for the following:
- Monitors patient condition by observing physical and mental condition, intake and output, and exercise.
- Supports patients by providing housekeeping and laundry services; shopping for food and other household requirements; preparing and serving meals and snacks; running errands.
- Help patient with their meals and feeding
- Assists patients by providing personal services, such as bathing, dressing, and grooming.
- Remind patient to take their medications on time
- Helps patients care for themselves by teaching the use of cane or walker, special utensils to eat, special techniques and equipment for personal hygiene.
- Helps family members care for the patient by teaching appropriate ways to lift, turn, and re-position the patient; advising on nutrition, cleanliness, and housekeeping.
- Records patient information by making entries in the patient journal; notifying nursing supervisor of changing or unusual conditions.
- Maintains a safe, secure, and healthy patient environment; maintaining security precautions; following prescribed dietary requirements and nutrition standards
- Assist patients in performing routine or recommended physical exercises